Successful Discus Spawning... Finally...

hackerberry

So finally my Pigeon Bloods are acting like real parents. So far, there are at least 80 frys attached to them for 4 days now. Do i just let them much on their parents' skin or do I suppliment the babies with food? So far, I am adding Wardley's baby fish food but don't think they are eating that much. Aside from bbs, any other good food that will entice the frys? Thanks guys!

hb

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I think I am having the 4 weeks syndrome. Only have 30+ frys and some are still dying. Tried the General Cure by API and the parents and frys are releasing white stringy feces. I added Bi-Furan and the parents stopped eating and are staying in the corner. I will stop the BiFuran medication and stick with the General Cure. Will do a big W/C tonight and run activated carbon and Purigen to remove the medication.

hb

Since I don't have a phd in fish health, I don't medicate. I wouldn't medicate my dog, cat or child willy nilly, so why subject fish to unnecessary stress? Best thing would be to run your carbon to remove the meds and stick to regular w/c. And keep reading. Simplydiscus.com might have the answer your looking for