Aquarium Setup Opinions

troni

So my plan is: 20g tank, 2 panther crabs, 1m/1f, 4 cherry shrimp saying they survive, 4 otocinclus, 5 cardinal tetra, 3 guppies. Aquaclear 30, rena xp3, planted, co2. Rena xp3 I acquired through some trades and I'm using spray bar pointed at glass. ill have a high point in the middle of tank for them to dry off. Suggestions or opinions please!

Edit- change of setup

Edited by troni

I would stick with 4 puffers. 1 male and 3 females to try to avoid aggression. Despite their size you need a fair bit of tank space per fish (5 gallons per fish is recommended). Cherries will almost for sure not survive. Filtration may be way overkill, the xp3 is rated at 350gp/h, that plus the AC30 will make your tank a whirlpool unless you can dial back the filtration on the xp3 by quite a bit. A crayfish will be a huge risk as DP's would likely become a snack for the crayfish while they sleep. Horsefish loaches can grow to 8"-11", so it will end up being too big for your 20g tank so I would say not to go with one of those either. Imo I would say go with 4 puffers, 4 otos, the aquaclear30 and if you want some more filtration toss a sponge filter in there, or use just the xp3 and dial the flow way down. Putting shrimp in the tank will give the puffers expensive snacks, and putting in crayfish or the like will give them some nice puffer snacks. You can find a ton of info about DP's here: http://www.dwarfpuffers.com/