Drop Checker?

creekbottom

Well... It's back. Today the drop checker turned clear again. I tested the solution that I am using and it is still at 4. I added 4 drops of indicator solution into the bulb when I changed the solution. Lovely clear bulb today.

This is a 20 gallon tall tank, the checker is placed on the side wall a little more than half way down. Would this make a difference if I moved it? It was on the other side of the tank and I moved it because the CO2 was pretty much blowing right on it.

Thoughts?

That is a great idea, so I took the drop checker out of the tank and it has been sitting on the counter for several hours. The color has not returned!!!???

This is very perplexing, I have another drop checker in a different tank, WITH THE SAME SOLUTION AND DROPS and it is not doing this...

It shouldn't be contaminated. I just rinse it out with tap water, then 4dKH water, then add new 4dKH water plus indicator.

I went out and bought a red sea indicator thing today, and put that in the tank. It's still changing color. Is the indicator solution that comes with it still bromothymol blue? I'm going to use 4dKH water and that indicator and put it back in the drop checker. See what happens...

Thanks everyone for trying.

Just brainstorming and not sure if this is possible but I am wondering if there is a micro hole in the glass that is allowing the liquid in and diluting it. That would mean that the bulb is filling up and its trickling down the bell into the tank.

You could always try it in your other tank to see what happens?