Names These Plecos!

kimmi7

Number 1 looks like about 6 plecos I can think of. L134 , L140 or a few others

Number 2 is possibly Pterygoplichthys punctatus Ranger Pleco. Pterygoplichthys can be identified by the number of rays in the dorsal fin. More than 10 indicates that it's a Pterygoplichthys. Most other plecos have 8 or fewer rays (in particular the larger Hypostomus species that are most likely to be confused with Pterygoplichthys).

Number one is far too blurry. Post more pics of both.

Hop on planetcatfish.com and confirm the ranger

Edited by Jayba

I love your little numer one pleco - such a cutie! Reminds me of my darf clown pleco L448 but I think it is a different. For your second one, I am guessing L106, Spotted Orange Seam Pleco. Both are neat looking - enjoy!

the L106 has whiteish spots where mine has black spots on white.

Ok so i am thinking the second one very well could be a ranger pleco. Was about to take new and better pics but my camara's batteries went dead lol.

First one though, i am sure is a L069 as it has the same spots on the face but as stripes on the rest of the body. Should be interesting when they get bigger. right now they are about 2-2.5 inches each.

Ok so i am thinking the second one very well could be a ranger pleco. Was about to take new and better pics but my camara's batteries went dead

Ok, some questions for you.

Who did you get pleco #1 from?

Where did they get them it from? As an l069 is pretty unique? They are off the export list so a young one makes me go hmm

Does he eat algae?

Turn your wood into poo constantly?

U charged that camera yet?

U like taco's? (just seeing if everyone was paying attention)

Edited by Jayba

so as i finish pulling everything out to find the little frigger, I got some new pictures of him. I am thinking now as I got much better pics it could be a female clown pleco. here are the pics

random069.jpg

random071.jpg

Also here is the second little pleco who could be a ranger pleco

random067.jpg