Rip Newguy #2

blink

So I came home tonight to find one of my new galaxy rasboras hovering at the top of the tank with big ugly white stripes on his right side.

Bought from a Big LFS here in Edmonton and in the tank for only a couple days, the new galaxies have been hiding and this is the first really good look I get of them :(

Went to the LFS in question and found their galaxies in quarantine with ich.

Fortunately everyone else seems fine so I've dosed with chems and raised the temperature so fingers crossed that everyone is alright.

I wanted to get a small colony of Neon Tetras for my discus tank, I saw them the past weekend for 2 bucks in BigAls Calgary. Wednesday I decided to go get them, when I visited the store, they were still on sale, but covered on ick.

IMHO, these big fish stores should do a better job putting their fish on quarantine before putting them on sale. Also I think it is unethical to put sick fish on sale or on display tanks :P

I will still shop at BigAls because they have nice deals on oddballs every once in a while. I just wish they did a better job handling their life stock.

I guess for now the only option we have, is to quarantine the fish ourselves :(