Hoplias Aimara!

t-man

Sad you are selling him man, still a baby.

As long as I don't get low balled hopefully he will go to a nice home with a big tank. But if someone wants it for nothing I will keep him and he will eventually go from the 150 gallon to the 230 gallon once my 520 gallon is done and can hold all my inhabitants from the 230 gallon. I am so done giving away expensive fish for nothing. It just recently happened to my 22" Aba knife fish. Paid $530 for it including shipping and ended up getting only $70 store credit from the only fish store that would take him. That was after advertising him for a while on fish sites and Kijiji. I figure the reason for this is either people don't have the money and/or big enough tank. This is a rare fish just like the Aba was and like the Aba there is only a few in Canada. There was a list started on "Hoplias Aimara keepers" on MFK and it ended at 19. This was fish keepers from all over the world. So this definitely isn't a fish you are going to pick up at the local fish store. Hoplias Aimara fetch a high price as they have to travel deep into the jungle to catch them now as they are over fished anywhere near civilization.

My only problem if I keep him, it might outgrow my 230 gallon and I won't have a bigger tank to put it into as my other tanks will be housing my rays.

I know the trying to get rid of rarer fish thing all to well. Had to get rid of a curipira due to her tank leaking. Couldnt even get an instore credit. Mind you that is no aba aba or aimara but it still blows.