Angela Fish Dieing

laurensdad

So I have had 4 Angeles. Die in 24 hours with in hours of putting them in the tank. The water is good from the tests. Ph is like 7.4. Put new fish in tank 4 small Angeles yesterday 3 pm came down this morning. 2 dead fish. Said wtf I did 25% water change with one cap of prime last night. Then I did. 25% this morning when I found dead. Fish. Went to lfs got 2 more angles. Put in tank around 1 pm after climatetizing them. Left for work at 230 to fly to work. Girl friend got home at 6 to 2 dead fish. I am out of town. Had girl friend shut down co2. Low bps 1 ½. And has moved over the last 2 angles. To my 75. 10 coys are still in tank and doing fine.

I dosesed full line seachem certs last nigh. Comp. Potassium iron trace and excell after water change. To recommended. Dose iron an potassium. 5 ML each. Any ideas. Tank is 27 gal planted

Yes tank is cycled. It has the ehime for a 90 gallon tank. No not a long term home there home would end up being my 75...

Girl friend agro would be the main reson. For getting. Replacemints...

Just got a update from my girl friend. 6 dead amano shrimp. Wtf

Edited by laurensdad

I do not think that is it at all. I am vary selective about my lfs I am thinking it is potassium or iron that got them. The tank was broke down for about 3 weeks I rinced all the sand before it went back in to the tank. Maybe something on the drift wood.

I am going to. Brake it down and replace substight.

The filter was left up and running on my 75 to not lose the cycle.

Wouldn't be the substrate I say. Sounds like by what your saying a small cycle or something you used to clean the tank. Angels are super sensitive to any change in the water.

If no cleaners were used then I'd say either cycle or sick fish to begin with. Having the filter running on am already filtered 75 wouldn't e enough to handle 4 angels plus whatever else wa in the new tank.

I have seed tanks that way before and the tank is vary planted. The sand had a nasty smell so I rinsed it the drift wood has been in the tank scins last may. But it dryer out

You said you dosed a full cap of prime? Do you do this each time you changed the water? Could be too much. Each cap does 50 gallons so thats double the tank size. Dry driftwood wouldnt do it, I just got a new piece that was dry and my angels are fine from it.