Spotted Puffers

noot

so my wife really wants a spotted puffer. we got one along time ago for our community tank and not long after he was in there he pretty much had an all you can eat buffet with my fish. I am setting up a 95 gal cichlid tank, can a puffer go into this set up, if not what type of set up will allow for a puffer?

thanks

I have 2 Pea puffers, in my community tank, with white clouds minnows, blue sky, black phantom tetras, and harlequin rasp's being my smaller fish, haven't seen any issues that im aware off, they just chase each other around. But like CK said never had experience with the big guys

I hate to say it but there's no way to know, the personalities of each fish are different. You could have a bad-a$$ puffer and all pussycat Cichlids or you could have it the other way around.. Having kept a lot of Cichlids as well as the figure 8 puffers (not together mind-you), my guess would be that the puffer would be de-tailed and dispatched in short order. I think they're just too slow to not get picked on in a Cichlid tank.