Nicaragua Cichlid

Mokos

I just picked up 3 Nicaragua cichlids yesterday off noot. I rearranged my tank for a few more caves for them and now this morning I noticed that 2 of them have dug out a pit in the sand and are courting with each other. Quite interesting to watch. Of course they chose the middle of the tank to do all of this lol. I'll keep updating as more happens.

I haven't really noticed to much aggression yet. When I first put them in the male chased the female around all day, they lip locked maybe 2 times. After that the female chased him around nipping him. Now they both are digging like crazy and anyone who comes close to their sites the male chases away. Im pretty sure the third i got was a male and he is very passive, not aggressive at all. The site I read on the net said it can be Hard to make a compatible pair. Maybe it's taking your fish a bit longer to work out the kinks? Here's where I read it

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/cichlid/nicaraguacichlid.php

I agree ck the male and female do take care of their off spring like us. I hope they spawn so I can watch their behavior. I'm sure it's just a matter of time now I hope.

Jeff