coral chips

will the buffering effect be lessen or even gone as the coral chips slowly dissolving into the water?

The coral chips dissolving is what buffers the water. Crushed coral, as RD said, dissolves very slowly and i dont' think you need to worry about it. Are you planning on using this as a substrate?

will the buffering effect be lessen or even gone as the coral chips slowly dissolving into the water?

The coral chips dissolving is what buffers the water. Crushed coral, as RD said, dissolves very slowly and i dont' think you need to worry about it. Are you planning on using this as a substrate?

I'm planning to use it in my sump tank.

Where do you live? Are you planning on using the coral to buffer the water for african cichlids(assuming from your name :) )? IF thats the case you don't really need to use coral if you are using Edmonton or Calgary(I think but i'm from edmonton to i'm not 100% sure) tap water. The tap water's parameters should be fine for most africans. I used Edmonton tap in my african tanks with out anything added to buffer and my fish breed like rabbits

Where do you live? Are you planning on using the coral to buffer the water for african cichlids(assuming from your name :) )? IF thats the case you don't really need to use coral if you are using Edmonton or Calgary(I think but i'm from edmonton to i'm not 100% sure) tap water. The tap water's parameters should be fine for most africans. I used Edmonton tap in my african tanks with out anything added to buffer and my fish breed like rabbits

I live in Palatine, Illinois

Yes, you are right, I'm planning on using the coral to buffer the water for african cichlids

Thanks for your help. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...