Always At The Best Time

joeblow

Went to do my rounds this morning feeding checking on the fish ect. and noticed that my 55gal community tank is leaking somewhere on the bottom.

Not sure what to do with it I don't have another tank available to put these fish in right now nor do I have the filters to do it.

and to top it all off I have to leave tomorrow morning for work and am not going to be around much for the next month.

more of a rant than anything but

Just wondering it seems to be a fairly slow leak just wondering if I leave it what are the chances that it will just let go if i were to leave it until i get back.

Edited by joeblow

The cheap/quick & dirty fix is go buy a big rubbermaid tub, siphon in as much tank water as it will hold, and hook up your filter/heater, transfer fish into tub.

Or go buy another tank (new or used) and do as above....

Once fish are safely housed elsewhere, you can then deal with repairing the original tank....

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=11713

....and remember, you DO NOT WANT silicone intended for bathroom, etc, as it contains an anti-fungicidal agent which will leach & will kill your fish. Dow-Corning 732 is fine, and available @ Acklands-Grainger and a bunch of other places....

Good Luck!

James