Stingrays

Madness

The time has finally come, and I am going to be getting a pair of teacup rays (which I am 90% sure are Laticeps).

The tank they are going in already has...

2 Clown Loaches

1 Pictus Cat

2 Marble Bichirs

2 Ornate Bichirs

4 Senegal Bichirs

2 African Butterfly Fish

1 Bristlenose Plelco (who is moving before they get in there)

2 Flying Fox

Maybe 1 Flower shrimp (I will move it if its still in there and I can find it)

I will be keeping a VERY close eye on how they do with the bichirs, the slightest sign of agression from the bichirs and they get to go in a different tank

Tank dimensions are 60" wide, 22" tall and 30" front to back, sparsely decorated with just a couple rocks and plants with a sand bottom (on a side note, is there ANYWHERE in Cow Town to get good sand? not the crappy dust filled playsand that you have to wash for hours on end to get an acceptable amount of clarity)

I do know that the rays like soft, acidic water which I dont think will be a problem for the current inhabitants

What are the best products/tricks to get our hard, alkaline water ready for them?

I am sure I will think of more questions

Edited by Madness

(on a side note, is there ANYWHERE in Cow Town to get good sand? not the crappy dust filled playsand that you have to wash for hours on end to get an acceptable amount of clarity)

Other than fish stores there is Oasis spas. Get pool filter sand which is not nearly as dirty. You can also get blasting sand from princess auto which comes in black. Unfortunately they haven't had it in a while.

Yeah, I have heard that before as well, but as of yet... all my bichirs seem to entirely ignore the little ray, which I guess is a good thing. I make sure to keep my bichirs really well (possibly over) fed so I havent had a single problem with them nipping at any of their other tankmates yet. At the slightest sign of agression the bichirs will be relocated to a 180 gal, but I am hopeful that there wont be any troubles

Bichirs are notorious eye eaters/bitters.

Their way of defending themselves.

2 Marble Bichirs &

2 Ornate Bichirs &

4 Senegal Bichirs ... a very nice collection!

However .....................!