Princess Auto Co2 Regulator - Any Good?

blink

Princess auto has their CO2/Argon regulators on sale for half price and I'm thinking about buying one because the paintball thing just ain't working out quite how I'd hoped.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Are they ok or should I keep looking around for a used matheson or victor?

The standard adapter for our use is cga320, while this one @ princess auto has a cga580 connector.

Seems you'd need to buy an adapter for the adapter. http://www.airgas.com/browse/productDetail.aspx?Category=191563&product=RAD64003956

If I were you i'd give this a good look. For a rough $50 or so more, you get a bubble counter and solenoid and a trusted brandname. I have a Milwaukee and very happy with it.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/cr-ppmilreg/Milwaukee+CO2+Regulator+with+Needle+Valve+%26+Solenoid.html

$108.45 CDN w/ free shipping over $100.

The only regulators I fiddled with were Parker and ControlAir, paid for out of corperate pocketbooks. :blush: But there are some points-of-view in this thread that address your question directly. Therein are several nuggets blink... ubr0ke mentions a high end, 2stage assembly for $120 (at the end of page one). So I've referred back to his build thread from time to time. Good luck!

edit: thread link

Edited by Fisher

I've actually seen the Milwaukee locally for $100 but can't recall where. I'm trying to find a good welding type reg in town but all my sources are dried up.

Thought I'd give the princess one a try if I can't source something by the weekend, after all for a basic co2 a reg is a reg is a reg if I believe everything I've read. Mostly I'm trying to save money on the regulator so I can justify getting a real nice needle valve n still stay under budget.

Having industry connections is handy wink.png I thought I saw Milwaukee in Weldco some time ago, but any regulator bearing the same namesake as a beer company sounds dubious. ^_^

Peavey Mart would carry Hobart (~$80). I'd take odds that you could find an acet Uniweld @ Acklands close to your $100 mark.

Did you notice ubr0ke's needle valve has a vernier scale on it? Gotta love precision.

edit: sp

Edited by Fisher