Foggy Water

VIP

So i Just bought a 75gal i got sand for it and while filling it it stirred up the sand and it wont clear i changed à good 75% and same thing What am i doing wrong and Whats the fastest way to clear it up

In my experience your best bet is to wait it out. Sometimes sand can stay stirred up for several days before settling down and giving you clear water. Water changes aren't going to help as you're just stirring the substrate up more. No matter what you do it will take a couple days minimum to clear up but you can try and speed up the process by running some sponge filters. These will suck sand sediment into themselves without creating a stream of water into the tank, prolonging the murkiness. On the upside, most fish won't be bothered by this. In the wild it can happen quite naturally and in reality the only irritated party is you, who can't properly view your tank.

Use one of the hose systems when willing helps a lot. I had the same issue when I first got my flourite. I used buckets to fill my tank and it stirred everything up. Once I got the hose set up I had no problems. Aslo Itheres a chemical, I beleive its made by seachem called clarify. Its a polyflocculant that binds all the tiny lttle bits that are suspended. Using this in conjunction with a sponge filter of filter fiber will clear it up in no time. The first time I used flourite I couldnt see the back of my thirty gallon and within a few hours it was almost clear..