Importing Plants From United States

blink

I'm leaving for the United States in a week and I'd just like to ask if anyone is familiar with the permits required to bring back aquarium plants in personal usage quantities.

Failing that, who do I call, Border Information or Canada Customs and Revenue or Canada Food Inspection Agency?

Actually I usually bring back and declare fish and "forget" about the plants that "fell" into my wet bathing suit bag. Last time, my memory failed and I even forgot about the tiger limia.

I'm going to LA, San Diego and San Fran... I suspect if I come back with plants they'll probably be from one of the many many LFS down there and probably labelled/packaged as such.

Going to call on Monday first thing and hope I don't have to wait on hold more than an hour lol.

San Fran has Ocean Aquarium and Aquaforest(ADA store) and San Diego has Pet Kingdom, Petco and Petsmart within a couple of blocks of each other. Haven't spent much time in LA so I don't know the stores there. Your other option is to get the plants shipped to your hotel too and then you can go shopping on aquabid. Not that I've done that....