Hardscape Suggestions For New Planted Nano

syncro

Is that a store bought tank or a custom? I love all-in-one nanos and that looks like a really nice one

It is a hand built tank. cainechow showed me the ropes and we used the old glass after he replace some of his house windows. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

where did you get that rock any how?

Burnco. It is rubble from the big Forget-Me-Not boulders. Not sure what type of rock it is. They weigh your car to determine how much you bought. A grocery bag full of these rocks didn't even register on the scale so they gave them for free.

Thanks for the feedback. I like the look of the big rock in #1 but the smaller rocks are too symmetrical. #3 has a more balanced feel I think. Got a few more ideas, I'll post when I get a chance to experiment.

Edited by syncro

More experiments...

Attempt #4

8104509910_723a995aa4_b.jpg

Attempt #5

There is a chasm between the two peaks which I think would be fun to see fish swim through

8104496161_1a5e70f0ae_b.jpg

Attempt #6

I like the detail on the big rock, but not the layout

8104497097_130a6f2501_b.jpg

Attempt #7

The problem with the big rocks will be trimming around them, so I want to try to smaller rocks

8104508852_7c3c1f917f_b.jpg

Attempt #8

I read the smaller rocks in a Iwugwami layout should lean towards big rock in supplication

8104498089_9025b9a2a8_b.jpg

From a traditional sense I like 4 or 5... but I really like #8. #8 is so epic looking. It is so sharp and strong. The experimental part of me really wants to see how HC and Hairgrass will soften up the look. Will it be a strange dichotomy or will it pull the look together?

More experiments...

Attempt #8

I read the smaller rocks in a Iwugwami layout should lean towards big rock in supplication

I'm a big rock sublimation fan, so I vote #8 (unless you come up with something I like better)

great work!