Hardscape Suggestions For New Planted Nano

syncro

• 2 weeks later...

The HC grew in way too thick and I'm now getting a lot of die off in the under layers and I think it is really messing up my water parameters. I had a dilemma; Would I trim aggressively right after fill so that I wouldn't get that "forest canopy" die off effect but risk massive shock to the HC going from air to water plus the trim and losing it all OR would I let it go for some weeks then trim and risk the canopy effect? I went with the latter. In retrospect, I may not have been agressive enough in my trimming on my first trims.

I am now slowly ripping up my HC in patches, picking out the best bunches and replanting. I'm trying to keep my HC at no more than 1/2" tall now.

You might want to baster out a little bit of the water so that you don't get the "puddle" in the front corner so that the HC there isn't under water. I had some like that in low spots and they melted. And you can get algae in the puddle area too. (or maybe that takes 13 weeks :P)

• 4 weeks later...

How is the water movement in there with the little hydor pico?

Also, is that a sprig of watersprite in the front right corner? If it is, I'd yank it now while the roots are short. If you wait the roots will basically take over that corner and you'll end up ripping everything up around it.

Looks good though. Looks good. :)

Good eye. At first I thought the water sprite was just a large HC but it has really taken off the last few days.

I think the pump is perfect of this tank.

There is more evaporation than I expected, it probably can't go more than 36 hours before the pump would run dry.