New Tank Leveling

butters

Ok so another slight concern continuing on from my last thread about my new 150 gallon tank in my apartment.

After it sitting for a week I finally started setting it up, initially I put it in one corner and filled it about 1/2 full, but I noticed there was an uncomfortable amount of movement in the water when walking by the tank and doing a bit of a "bounce test" near the tank. So after some thought I decided to just move my old tank which seems completely stable and put my new tank in it's spot. I now have it in place and about 2/3 full and the floor seems rock solid.

Now, I've been checking with a level once and a while in multiple spots while filling it, and the more full it has got, the more perfect the levels have been. I am pretty much dead center horizontally and vertically except one spot! The plastic top rear right side seems to be off about 1/8 of an inch or so but only the right half, the left half of the rear of the tank is completely fine, as is the glass vertically just below it. I think this probably isn't much to worry about.. however! I have noticed a couple creaking sounds coming from the tank while I've been filling it. Everytime I've heard the sounds I've stopped filling and let it sit for a while before putting a little more in. I can't exactly pin-point where the creaks are coming from but it sounds like from the upper part of the tank. It also has done it a few times when walking by the tank. But now that I think about it, I remember hearing the same noises from my smaller 55 gallon tank and never really thought twice about it.

Anyway, should this be something to be overly concerned about? Maybe the tank and stand are "settling in"? I think I may be being a little paranoid because I just want to make sure everything is setup and sitting properly.

Thanks!

The glass is probably bowing a bit and putting pressure on the plastic trim. The trim provided virtually no support, it's just there to cover the edge of the glass and look pretty. I don't think there's anythin to worry about.

Good to know, I almost have it completely filled now and it's not making anymore noise. One thing I did notice is that the tank stand has a flat bottom, looks like maybe 1/4 inch plywood. Now because I have the tank on carpet the outer edges of the tank stand are taking all of the weight and the plywood is starting bubble up in the center of the bottom of the stand, quite significantly actually. Considering I'm sure a lot of people put these tanks on carpet, I'm assuming this is fine?