Another Ebiken Rack Build #2

EbiKen

Made a promise.... made a challenge.... to complete the frame in 1 day of a rack that measured 161" across holding 21 tanks..... did I do it??? You be the judge of that....:bigsmile:

Started by getting 40 pieces of 2"x4"x8' the day before and then got home and unloaded and got an early start on some much needed sleep....

20121103_184329.jpg

OH and not to mention the day before we basically didn't sleep to have this ordered prepped to ship to Calgary...

20121103_050138.jpg

Today(Nov4th) at 3:30-4 a.m. I woke up and started cutting the wood to be prepped and brought to location to assembly....

20121104_070533.jpg

Once almost finished cutting it was time to head to Home Depot to get some wood for the base and some boxes of deck screws! LOAD ER' UP!

20121104_110653.jpg

Once we reach location of where new system is to be installed.... we begin....

20121104_120300.jpg

Darn those support legs..... such tedious angle screwing work...

20121104_144826.jpg

Finally....

IMG-20121104-WA0001.jpg

And a drolling shot since the tanks aren't all in there yet since we need to install a central air and water system....

IMG-20121104-WA0002.jpg

Enjoy!

If you ever come through Calgary, feel free to stop by and build a rack...LOL

It'll take a lot of shrimp to fill that rack.....oh the possibilities.

An even bigger challenge would be to build two racks in Calgary in one day. You know having more tanks would mean we would have to buy more shrimps.... jk

But seriously, it is just a matter of time before Ron does his own take on the Ebi-Ken Shrimp Rack... :P

But seriously, it is just a matter of time before Ron does his own take on the Ebi-Ken Shrimp Rack... :P

Nah, I'm actually thinking of going the other way and only keeping 5 or 6 types in bigger tanks. I would like to go to 48 or 65 gallons so maybe an ADA 90-P or 120-P.

Very nice setup jump smasher.

I have a question,do you plan on drilling any of these tanks for easier water changes?

Edit-

I re-read your post,you are doing a central water and air system

Edited by Sprucegruve

Very nice setup jump smasher.

I have a question,do you plan on drilling any of these tanks for easier water changes?

Edit-

I re-read your post,you are doing a central water and air system

This is actually Frank's (Ebi-Ken) rack build.. Lol

I was just inferring that if he want a bigger challenge he should come over to Calgary and build some racks for me and Ron.. He he he

Edited by jumpsmasher