Chilatherina Alleni " Siriwo"

Rainbowric

Chilatherina alleni another species to the Chilatherina Genus. As I was saying in the other Chilatherina threads up until maybe 3 years ago the only Chilatherina species we had here in Alberta was the C. bleheri. Gary Lange brought in a bunch of C. alleni eggs and fish for Calgary and Edmonton Spring workshops in 2011. I am aware of a few of you that got them and have heard that you were disappointed with them. Well you need to get this fish in the right enviroment to really see it come alive. Below is a picture of two males that I have that are in a passive mode. Note with the blue color they might note be the most colorful fish in your tank.

The red on the fins is hardly noticeable. Now the front one you will notice has even less red on him. Now when he starts to color up for the girls you can see how the colors in him start to change.

C_alleni_h.jpg

Here is the one with the least amount of red flashing his colors for the female .... not realizing that he will have competition for her yet!

C_alleni_i.jpg

The one in the back has more red on his fins, he is actually the most dominant of the two.

IMG_7141.jpg

The female with less fin and color who usually likes to keep herself in a low profile until she is ready to breed!

C_alleni_f.jpg

The male with the least amount of red has noticed her over by the mop!

C_alleni_b.jpg

Of course as seen in the C. bleheri thread, things can get quite crazy at the mop when a female is ready to spawn!

C_alleni_a.jpg

Actually the Chilatherina Genus species have become my favorite Genus, not by color, but by attitude. I have heard many stories of the Chilatherina Genus where young are swimming with them in the tank. As with the other Genus you would be lucky to have an egg survive. They are "very" easy to breed and a lot of fun to raise a the young group of them. They are always very active and get along with just about any other kind of fish in a community tank. Very fast swimmer!

I will have to see if I can get a picture of all three species together Chilatherina fasciata "Faowi Village", Chilatherina bleheri, and Chilatherina alleni.......but for now....

Chilatherina bleheri & Chilatherina alleni

bleheri_alleni.jpg

And the Chilatherina fasciata "Faowi Village"

C_fasciata_Faowi_d.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed these pics ....

Regards

Ric

--------------------------------

"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!

Edited by Rainbowric

Hello Rick.Can see you have been quite busy..Quite a list of bows and info on them you are getting around up here. though i shouldn't seem surprised seeing your tops up there at and keeping and breeding these lovely jewels..Great job!.. you know C.alleni is one of my favorites as well. I like to use the word psychedelic to describe their colors.Especially when they hit breeding mode.Very hard to capture on camera. You have done a great job getting it looking at these awesome pics.. Keep up the great work!

Mark~N