Silver Arrowana And Tankmates

justink

Hey everyone,

I just have a few questions about arrowanas and their tank mates. I have two peacock bass and a redtail cat but I am curious if the peacock bass will be aggressive toward the arrowana? If anyone can offer their opinions it will be greatly appreciated.

In my case it was the other way around lol my gold crossback hated and I mean hated my peacock and have since moved it. how big is your Aro ? Silvers are usually good natured somewhat

Edited by Fishnerd

I have not bought it yet but he is about 10 inches and my Peacock bass are about 6". Oh ok so it depends on the arrowanas Personality?

In my case it was the other way around lol my gold crossback hated and I mean hated my peacock and have since moved it. how big is your Aro ? Silvers are usually good natured somewhat

yeah sometimes they seem to not be bothered by certain fish and other times they can't stand them. asian aros in particular are finicky. The SA silver aro at 10" sounds like a good tank mate for the peacock. and i'm sure the peacock won't mind sharing space with him either. My peacock bass has had no issues with any of the fish i've put in with her as long as they can't fit in her mouth lol

I would have no problems putting them together which honestly is half the fun of fish keeping by trying different combinations and seeing what works. As long as no one seriously gets hurt and you have a back up plan if it doesn't work out then go for it.

The only one I may be worried about eventually is that Red Tail Cat, those things are like vacuum cleaners with voracious appetites. Once he starts getting around 12" an up i'd think about finding him a new place to live as they've been known to try and stuff fish into their mouths not much smaller than they are. There's a you-tube video of a guy losing his clown knife to one that was close to the same size.