Salt Water Aquarium Stores In Calgary

Shark_bite

I recently just immigrated from London England to Calgary when I left I had to sell my bamboo cat sharks as well as the tank and frankly our condo doesn't feel right without sharks in it lol we are currently getting quotes for a custom 350 gallon tank for the Master bed room. However, neither of us know of any stores that sell any species in the Hemiscyllidae family here in Calgary or in Alberta for that matter (travelling to get them isn't an issue) so does any one know of a store that stocks them or that can order them in for us? Also my fiancé is more a fish man and likes a little colour in the tank, so we want to get maybe 5 to 8 fish as co inhabitants with the sharks, problem is there's such mixed info about what type of fish are compatible, any ideas?

Theres a fellow named Kelly ,he owns a place called The Reef Shoppe. Hes located out in Lloydminster ,however I'm fairly sure that he delivers/ships to Calgary.

He is the go to guy (in my opinion at least) for anything saltwater thats a little more difficult to find. Just ask him ,and theres a good chance he can bring it in.

An A+ guy to deal with over all.

Also if you do end up going with him ,it never hurts to mention that Scott (the one that bothered him about the Brotulina so much) reccomended him :P

Also Groupers. And large Angels. Those do well with sharks. Polleni Groupers come to mind...

Edited by polleni-puffer

Big Al's in Edmonton has brought in cat shark eggs and I believe I saw some in Calgary.

I seem to recall seeing an egg at Red Coral here in Edmonton as well but I could be mistaken.

They can certainly be had, just may have trouble finding sharks vs. Eggs

@polleni-puffer thanks I shall give him a call and mention you ;) lol as for the fish the angel fish seem to be collectively mentioned but from my research they are thought to be somewhat territorial and slightly aggressive, I wouldn't want any thing that could potentially harm the sharks. That said which would think is best to introduce to the tank first?

@blink thanks we are going to take a look at big al's this afternoon. Not really in the market for eggs fiancé is kinda impatient that way I hatched some before back home and I don't think he can wait the 130days or so that it takes lol