Lift Tube Design For Air Driven Mattenfilter

geleen

I have been running matten filters with great success; they are driven by small circulation pumps matched to the tank size. I would like to try and run them with central air.

Can someone show me how to make them?........This does not look to difficult? Am I right?

Thanks a bunch

John

Hi John. Here is a post i started on the US forum at rainbowfish.org. this will give you some good ideas on where to start.I am using a jehmco LPH26 linear pump. running about 30-35 tanks on it. still has room for a few more with ease.Also see the link by rainbowfish at the end of the thread that was done by him way before i started using this system.. several ideas you can take from them.central air is def the way to go with HMF's if you are running multiple tanks and want to save on electricty.

http://rainbow-fish.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2325

I havent dealt with a tank that size yet.If i did.At that size i would split the foam in both back corners on an angle.with a lift in each.Maybe larger stones.depending how close you are off the air run.Deeper tanks will require more presssure.The best person to ask that would be Stephan @ swisstropicals.i'm sure he has seen mulptiple confiqurations and would give great advice.