Shipping wrigglers / eggs

AndyL

Figured this may be of interest to some of you:

http://www.angelfish.net/yabbse/index.php?...y;threadid=3122

It one LONG post to read through, but definitely a worthwhile read. Basically it deals with exchanging angelfish wrigglers (and theoretically eggs) instead of grown fry. Thus saving on shipping (and fish purchase price). Success has been mixed, some completely losses, but also some good successes.

Definitely something to think about, how many spawns have we all thrown away because we dont have room at the time to grow them out... How many times have we drooled over a friends latest spawn, but knew that 100+$ shipping bill would never get by the wife :)

Andy

• 3 months later...

Not at the moment ;) I seem to lack any space to put them (the 2.5 in the hotel room just ain't big enough for any spawns). They've actually gotten pretty good at it last I read, more successes than complete losses. Some of first successes are now adolescents and showed few problems from the stresses at that tender young age. Josh did however send me some of his golds at pea sized.

I know there were a few canucks interested in exchanging using this method - but timing always seemed to be a problem.

Andy

Hey all, I read through that article about 3 months ago, and keep up on it, there doing a great job. I would love to get some of those orange Koi they have in the states, been tryin to talk someone to send me some eggs way up here in the north, but i would be interested if anyone in canada id up for tryin this experiment. I think its great, and they are telling me when they get it more perfected they will send me some of them thar koi, lol cant wait.

Gold Super Veil X Silver Veil

Marble Veil X Silver Veil

Koi Standard X Gold Veil

the first two pairs have been good spawners, just missed their last spawns (forgot i posted in here :bang1:

the koi just came up to spawning age, been making runs over the eggs but looks like he's still too young to do any good

should have some outta the first two pairs in the next 8-10 days ill give those ones a shot at wiggler shipping