Mysterious Eggs

Spinalcore

I have Swordtails, 2 CAE, Danios, and misc small snails in one of my tanks. I have seen the CAE in one the Empty apple snail shells today I had a danio get inside it and flip the shell over traping herself inside and tried to break out but trapped herself in a hole that she made in the side of the shell and died. When I removed her from the shell there were all these eggs bunched together. They looked like a quartz piece of gravel so I dumped them back into the tank just to find the swords start to eat them. They are too big to be snail eggs from any of my snails, and I have read that Danios scatter their eggs. So now I'm left thinking that I just might have CAE eggs but I don't know if they are fertile I have put them in a seperate container floating in the tank. Does anyone know anything about CAE breeding just incase they are fertile? I am not even aware if I have a male and female, just females, or just males and the eggs just being danio eggs. Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

I was reading reciently that CAE's have not been bred successfully in captivity. BUT, it was a really old book so that could have changed. Is is possible though, that the Danio dropped all the eggs while she was trying to escape? I