Sunken Belly

sebek18

It seems that one of my cichlids, a Kenyi has sunken belly. It has the symptoms such as long stringy white poop and a noticeable concave stomach. I was thinking of treating it with the Jungle Parasite but since I have a 90 gallon tank and no other smaller tanks I am not sure if I should just treat the whole tank in case others might have it. Any tips would be great. Thanks

No help at all?

Was hoping someone with more experience at this would jump in. I've had some success at treating what sounds like the same symptoms with seachem products. Specifically their Para Guard. Same situation, 90 Gallon tank. Tends to be the

pricey option (due to tank size) but about the only thing I've seen work. I did try internal/external para food etc, but could never get the fish that needed to be treated to eat it.

luck to ya, it's a royal pain.

Antonio

I would guess a parasite, protozoan. I have had a whack of trouble keeping dwarf cichlids long term, but when I started treating them with food soaked in Metro then a solid dose of flubendazole wasting stopped. Big thing is hit them before they get sick and stop eating. Metro works best if ingested.

Parasite clear works well for certain things, but to run the whole tank will be expensive. It does not stress fish very much so givver if want to.

Jay

Edited by Jayba