Breeding Pink Longfin Zebra Danios

kristarockstar

It's a fishy miracle!

I moved my danios all together to do some medication as I lost one of my males and the others were not looking so well (they look good now)

I left the breeding tank running as is, except I added some green shrimp and some of my extra plants.

Got home from my first day of work and saw some movement, I thought one of my berried shrimp had babies...but it turns out the danios spawned after all! :D

IMGP0568_zps89585653.jpgIMGP0569_zpsdf0acabd.jpg

Congratulations!

I see They are free swimming now, so it is vitally important to provide them with some food immediately or they will quickly perish. Since you did not expect to see them I guess you may be unprepared: no infusoria and no baby brine shrimp, right? Until you have some BBS, your best bet is to buy Wardley Small Fry Liquid Food in a nearest pet shop. Petland and Petsmart have it sometimes:

$(KGrHqRHJEgE88d2NTv!BPcNY-RC)g~~60_35.J

They also carry Nutrafin Staple Food for Fry, but it may still be too big for the newly hatched fry.

nutrafin_basix_fry_food_top_banner.png

Other than that, hard boiled egg yolk will do for a day or two.

I looked for the liquid food at a few places after I got the danios and couldn't find it. But i did get some micro powder food, after i saw the fry i mixed some with tank water and fed them.

I also have some frozen baby brine shrimp that I just tried, but I think it might be a bit too big for them.

I will also do the egg yolk thing, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...