Sexy Shrimp: How High Is High No3?

cainechow

My little 10x10x10" saltwater seems to be doing well so far. My frogspawn is pretty happy and it has grown up a bit from when I first got it. I'm feeding it weekly with a little chunk of shrimp on Thursdays followed with a water change on Saturday. NO3 levels before feeding are about 10ppm. Two days after feeding, NO3 levels are 20ppm just before I do my water change which resets it down to about 5ppm or so.

All the info I've been able to find about Sexy Shrimp is that they do not tollerate high NO3 levels. My question is "How high is high?" for raising these shrimps?

Thanks!

Just in case someone else needs the info, the guys on that Canadian reefer board say that 10ppm would be okay and that I'm over feeding the tank. I thought that the small 2x2x2mm cube I was feeding weekly was small, but the consensus was that it is still quite a lot for this small of a tank. So smaller feedings it is. I'll try something akin to one 1x1x1mm particle weekly. Hope to see some improvement so that I can get a shrimp or two to keep my coral company.