Search Field? Whats Up Doc?

hey ive been noticing that when I search for something in the search bar, it only chooses 1 word to look for rather than the whole thing. ei, if I look up '90 gallon', trying to see if there are any archived prices, all it looks up is 'gallon'. Im not sure if this is something that you guys are aware of or not but wanted to bring it up cuz it makes searching the site harder.

Otherwise super happy with the site, keep up the good work :)

OK, searching is now set for a minimum of 3 characters so Ich is back on the table. Doing two letters would increase the search database by about 40%... which slows searches down by 40%. No one wants slow searches.

If you still want to search for 90 gallon tanks, then we need to go back to 1994 when the world was taking Internet Searching 101 on mamma.com and DogPile.com... the use of quotations is required. If you search for "90 gallon" it will search for the entire phrase, exactly as you put it.

My example is search for the words poke and fish. Quite a few pages return with both of those words somewhere in the thread... whereas if you search for "poke fish" WITH the quotes, then only threads with that phrase will appear... go ahead. Try it out.

I've noticed similar issues on most forums, and I don't think it's the forums fault, but the engine seems to be very basic. If you type whatever you want to search in Google and type the forum name afterwards the hit quality tends to improve.

i.e. 90 gallon albertaaquatica

You don't get a ton of hits but they are sometimes closer to what you are after. The big forum names give a lot of bang on results.

Valid, but Google doesn't have access to 'all' our forums... whereas our search function is smart enough to know where you can see as a registered member and will return results specific to your access levels.