Stocking Suggestions Wanted

alterego

I finally had a chance to get back into things and set up my 55. I've got 3 dwarf gourami, 3 clown loaches, 5 rhombo barbs, 2 stiphodon gobies, and a 4-5 inch black ghost knife. everyone seems to get along so far and pretty much keeps to themselves. I know that the BGK will get big and that the 55 is just a temporary tank, and that there may come a time when he decides that the other fish are lunch, but I'm wondering what other fish I could get away with that would add more colour.

I was considering rainbow fish, angels, a red scat, and a peacock eel. I was only considering adding one kind of fish to the tank for now until I transfer them into a larger tank, and I am definitely open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Brendan

I have little experience with many of your fish, but I do have a scat. Scats live in brackish water and as they grow they move to the ocean and become full saltwater fish. They are also quite aggressive and grow quite large. Many of my brackish fish hide as soon as the scat comes out his hidey hole. I have to upgrade my 100 gallon tank because the scat, and the other brackish fish, will need more room soon ( there is only 7 fish in the tank).

I had at one time thought of getting a peacock eel, as they seem to be fairly passive and less worrisome to wiggly fingers, I gave up on the idea as I had read they can be hard to feed properly in a community tank. I would say no to the angels with dwarf gouramis as the gouramis can be nippers, so my vote is for the rainbows.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

I have no experience with the fish you are wondering about, but at this point in time, I think something small and fast would survive. Quick tetras, danios, or mountain cloud minnows perhaps?

I have no experience with the ghost knife's nocturnal hunting abilities to know for sure, perhaps someone with more experience can chime in...