Water Temperature

Curtis

Was playing around with the http://www.aqadvisor.com/ which is kinda cool. Was getting a water temp warning. In everyones experience how close to the recommended temp for each species do you have to be? Bang on or are most of these fish fairly hardy? A few species that at 25 or 26 C the min from one and the max for another have a gap of about 1 degree. Will this cause problems and having said that should I try to keep to the average comfortable temp for a group of different fish?.(Have not even consider plant temps :wacko: ...I feel a spreadsheet about to happen LOL )

I am posting this list for open debate LMAO (was originally in the main body but I had to attach it)

post-6180-0-22524200-1363758400_thumb.png

=> 16 - 26C: American Flagfish
=> 23 - 27C: Cherry Barb
=> 23 - 27C: Chili Rasbora
=> 21 - 27C: Cherry Shrimp
=> 25 - 30C: Boesemans Rainbowfish
=> 24 - 30C: Endler
=> 22 - 27C: Adolfo Cory
=> 19 - 28C: Panda Cory
=> 23 - 28C: Dwarf Gourami
=> 23 - 26C: Clown Killifish
=> 20 - 28C: Dalmatian Molly
=> 24 - 28C: Diamond Tetra
=> 23 - 26C: Rummynose Tetra
=> 23 - 27C: Silver Hatchet
=> 23 - 25C: Blackline Rasbora
=> 18 - 24C: Celestial Pearl Danio
=> 26 - 30C: German Blue Ram
=> 25 - 30C: Banded Archerfish
=> 8 - 25C: White Cloud Mountain Minnow
=> 25 - 30C: Gold Nugget Pleco L018

Settings were for adult fish

These warnings came up as well;

• Suggestion: If you want to keep more than 1 Dalmatian Molly, minimum recommend male to female ratio is 1:2 (M:F). You will be less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.
  • Note: Silver Hatchet may jump - lids are recommended.
  • Warning: Cherry Shrimp may become food for German Blue Ram.
  • Warning: Banded Archerfish requires brackish water.
  • Note: Gold Nugget Pleco L018 is a juvernile form of L085.

Thoughts? I thank everyone in advance for their comments

post-6180-0-11043100-1363758805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Curtis

I keep my tanks all at 25-26C doesn't mater what's in them, the water is all the same, that way for any reason I can switch fish to another of my tanks with no problems at any time.

Thanks Divine. I do realize that it is important to keep a constant temp...guess maybe my question should have been how delicate are the fish that I chose. There are Ph considerations as well. Just trying to glean as much info as I can.

All these temperature ranges are very relative. When I studies the subject of temperatures, pH, KH and dH in the natural habitat of my fishes, I finally came to a conclusion that all parameters vary wildly, the only thing that is constant is a slow speed of change.

For example you specified 23-25°C for blackline rasboras (Rasbora daniconius, I suppose). The research I have seen shows the temperatures in their habitat varying from 24 to 30°C within the same small stream and at the same time. The seasonal fluctuations widen the range even firther: from 22 to 32°C

Thank you Znaika. That is the answer that I was hoping for, and I wanted to make sure. If everything in the environment is constant as much as possible and you acclimate the fish properly, then everything should work out. I also realize I might have to brush up on my latin.