Neolamprologus Brichardi

sebek18

Hey everyone. I have had my Brichardis since December and they don't seem to be breeding or even interested in breeding. It seems to me like I have all males since their tails are all long and trailing like someone told me males are. Can someone with experience help me because i would really love to see something breed in my new set up. Thanks!!!

Brichardi are not sexually dimorphic...so you're not going to be able to sex them by simply looking...maybe someone out their in their infinate wisdom can tell by looking, but in the years i've been keeping these beauties (of which I don't currently have anymore) it was simply luck O'the draw. Buy several and they'll pair off on their own...and then when the breeding starts...all other tankmates are fair game and likely dead in time. :) Very nice fish though. :)

I agree with Wingin' It. When I started my colony I bought 15 1" juveniles and now I am left with 2 mated pairs. Over time, some were bullied but I did my best to pull them out and trade them off.

With the 2 pairs in the tank, it seems like they breed like rabbits and I have probably ~100 fry now. It is very cool to watch the juveniles help care for the newly hatched fry.

• 5 months later...

Hey everyone. Sorry to bring back an old thread. I just came back from my long trip in Europe and like every vacation.... fish died after my cousin fed them too much. I am actually looking to stock my tank. I would love to have either a breeding pair of Brichardi or some fry. Let me know!!!