Bleach Dose?

Hello fellow enthusiasts

I have a 90 gal. Storage tank, this tank holds my r/o water and as such it has no chlorimine in it. Over time it has accumulated a bit of a slime on surfaces inside the holding tank, pump, fill valve etc. I've tested the water and all parameters are where they should be so it is'nt immediately harmful but it could develope into a problem.

I'm thinking of just adding X amount of chlorine bleach to the tank when full, letting that sit and run the pump a bit, than dose prime or safe, whatever Dechlore at double dose to remove the bleach at next water change. This should be more than suitable to kill off whatever is growing in there, but not harmful enough to kill off my discus, problem Is I have no idea how much bleach should be added. Anyone out there have a formula? Or perhaps a better idea?

Thanks for looking in.

What about Hydrogen Peroxide. H2O2 will kill off most stuff including algae and bacteria (though I'm lead to believe not all bacteria). The half life of H2O2 is something like 8 hours depending on the conditions like light and temperature which both destabilize H2O2. When H2O2 degrades, it degrades into water and oxygen leaving no bad stuff to kill you discus.

I've what the Skeptical Aquarist suggests on a live tank with rainbow fish and amano shrimps.

After your next WC, before refilling the resivior, I'd wipe it down with a bleach or peroxide and rinse it well before refilling.

It took some serious digging but I found a solution.

Places that still use chlorine in municipal water run a 4ppm sodium hypochlorite solution. Using my household bleach (also sodium hypochlorite) at 6% solution I created a 4.5ppm solution in the entire holding tank. 1 double dose of prime nullifies as much as 6.6ppm.

This website ( http://delloyd.50megs.com/ppm.html ) was instrumental with it's conversions and formulas as using ppm, mg/l, %, and gallons all in one equation was a little daunting lol.