Next Meeting May 14Th

Our own RainbowRic will be giving a presentation on rainbows which will be very interesting!! As well, jar show will be rainbows, mini auction, etc..and we're back to our usual place. Perhaps Wingin It can verify that the shirts will be ready too. Hope to see you there!!!

Yes this is correct ..... I am giving a presentation on Rainbowfish. Promise I will be there this time. :)

Fred and I were trying to come up with a title for the presentation the other day. Already did an Introduction to Rainbowfish. A number of people have been asking me how do I get my fish to look so good. Well there are a number of little secrets that you can do so I am going to tell you all of them. The title that we have come up with is ...... Introduction to Rainbowfish II: Finding and Raising Nice Rainbowfish in Alberta

So I am also going to tell you where you can find some nice rainbowfish in Alberta ..... besides from me! :) There are quite a few good breeders out there now. But is this enough? Telling you how to raise them and find them. No I will also give you some tips on how to get eggs from them. The reason for this is I am going to be auctioning off several nice breeding pairs of Rainbowfish at the end of my presentation. Then so you have to stay to the end and listen to my presentation. :) What fish are you auctioning ... well I am reducing some of my future breeding groups so they are going to be the best breeding specimens available. From my last group of M. boesemani "Lake Aytinjo" I wanted to save the best 3 pairs and was stuck with 4 pairs, so one has to go.

Oh BTW all of these fish that I am auctioning off .... the proceeds will be donated to the Calgary Aquarium Society. So a great deal! you get a nice pair of fish plus you make a donation to the club. This is one of the fellows that I will be auctioning off .....

IMG_2049_zps65db827c.jpg

Not much bigger then a praecox now ... but producing eggs! You can ask geleen as he got some eggs from him.

Next I thought I might put up a nice trio of M. praecox "Pagai" F2. F2's are becoming quite rare and surprising there are not many nice praecox available. F3's are still a good catch!

praecox_paga_k.jpg

Another nice pair of Rainbowfish that I thought I might put up would be a pair of M. splendida splendida "Deepwater Creek"

M_splendida_Deepwater_a_zpsfc25d782.jpg

These fish are getting more colorful each day! They are one of the easiest Rainbowfish to breed and a lot of fun to breed!

M_splendida_Deepwater_zps8f3b564f.jpg

Enough about some of the fish I will be auctioning off and giving you all kinds of good tips on how to breed them or just how to have them looking fanstastic in your fish tank.

Well is that enough reasons to come to the Calgary Aquarium Society next meeting. ....... Well maybe I will do a Gary Lange trick to get people to show up. How about some eggs?

Well Gary told me that he never tells people what eggs he is bringing to a presentation as the fish may not comply. :) however ...

My new M. trifasciata "Goyder Rivers" .... no one owns this strain in Canada yet! They are real, true RED and BLUE "Royal Regal" Goyder River. They are spawning like crazy for me so I am pretty sure there will be a bunch of there eggs up for auction.

IMG_4662_zps1c0d10ae.jpg

I am pretty sure that there will be a number of my breeders that will also be providing some eggs as well.

So you see there will be lots to talk about. Where to find some nice bows, how to make your bows look the best, how to breed your bows to get eggs, and how to hatch those eggs.

Might even find some time to pass on a few photography tips that Gary has passed on to me.

In addition .... another reason for me doing this post is .... Is there anything else that you would like to me to cover at that meeting .... if so please let me know!

So until next Tuesday night!

Cheers

Ric

--------------------------------
"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!