90 Gallon Dwarf Sa Cichlid

VT231

Hello everyone need some info on how many Apisto or Mikrogeophagus or Rams you can house in a 48" X 18" Tank.

Currently have 4 Gold Rams (1 LF Male Ram, 1 M, 1F & 50/50 F)

I just transferred this from Community tank topic, think its the right category for this.

I have in my 75G, currently 4 WC GBR'S, had 8 (4 tank bred) but they were tank bred and systematically passed on. I had no issues with aggression but I had bought all as 1" juvies and grew them together. I also have a lot of plants and hidey holes in this tank, with a 90G you should easily be able to keep that many, with equal sexes. Just break it up into territories. I only bought 8 as I was hoping for 3 pairs as that is really the max my tank should have, hope this helps.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Thanks for the info

My plan is to keep my current Rams and add 3 pairs of Apisto.

Right now the SF Male ram is somewhat claiming the 1 female and possibly the second one too. He is harrassing the LF rams when he is getting close to the Female he likes and sometimes if he is following the other one. I assume the other one is female also since his aggression to him is less than the LF ones.

By the way my tank is not planted for coz i am not sure if i have a green thumb😃

Thanks for the input

Today i was in Calgary looking for some fish or decorations for my aquarium. Seen Apisto Agazissi double red in Pisces tempted to buy a pair but decided not to until i aquascape my aquarium.

Here is my 90G dwellers:

4 Gold Rams

4 Julii Cory

12 Bloodfin Tetra

1 Otto

1 Dwarf Pleco

Thinking of Adding

6-8 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish

1 pair of Golden Wonder Killifish( not sure about this since it is a mini predator, not good for fry if i got lucky with my Dwarf Cichlid)

3 Pair Dwarf cichlid

6 Amano Shrimp

I am thinking of relocating my 90 G inhabitants and leaving my Rams in it and add some new addition to it. Looking for another set of dither fish.

What do you think about this?

Amano's will go for fry if they can, had 6 in my 75 G after I had dumbly bought them for feeder shrimp (eat shrimplets too) and the daft things made runs at my Cryptohero fry until Billy and Tilly ate them. For another dither fish Rummynoses are fantastic looking and a good early warning system if your water parameters start to go south (they lose their red faces if the water goes).