Need A Fish Sitter In Edmonton

I live in Edmonton and need a fish sitter for July. I just need someone to come by every second or third day for about 2 weeks to feed my fish and axolotls. I doubt my aunt would be willing to melt the blood worms and etc. Anybody interested? Or know of any ways I can leave them in the care of someone with no fish knowledge?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

Edited by xXFullmoonnightXx

stop by the dollarstore and get little craft ziplock bags and portion out meals out for each tank in them and label the day. Be Sure she knows that you cannot double the amount if she forgets a day and its no biggie if she does forget a day or two. Automatic feeders are my lifesaver. Have dechlorinator and bacterial supplement with easy emergency doseing instructions taped to THE bottle ie. 1 capfull.

Have a list of contacts she can call for questions. speak to your nearby fish store not general pet store to see if they would mind if you listed them as a contact for when you are gone. you could put the bloodworms in the baggies too.

Depending on weather in July and your setup have a backup in case of overheated tanks. frozen blocks of dechlorinated water in ziplock bags work well. an extra ziplock handy so she canrun to the store if she is unsure about the water.

Good luck

L

stop by the dollarstore and get little craft ziplock bags and portion out meals out for each tank in them and label the day. Be Sure she knows that you cannot double the amount if she forgets a day and its no biggie if she does forget a day or two. Automatic feeders are my lifesaver. Have dechlorinator and bacterial supplement with easy emergency doseing instructions taped to THE bottle ie. 1 capfull.

Have a list of contacts she can call for questions. speak to your nearby fish store not general pet store to see if they would mind if you listed them as a contact for when you are gone. you could put the bloodworms in the baggies too.

Depending on weather in July and your setup have a backup in case of overheated tanks. frozen blocks of dechlorinated water in ziplock bags work well. an extra ziplock handy so she canrun to the store if she is unsure about the water.

Good luck

L

That's genius! Thank you~

I use the tetra vacation gel packs. They have ones that are smaller that are supposed to be for a weekend (I just use them for my smalller tanks) and ones that are larger that are supposed to be for 2 weeks. They contain flake food in a gelatin base and look like canned cat food. I have used them for periods of up to 2 1/2 weeks for 3 years now. We have 23 tanks and we have only had 1 casualty (a female swordtail that looked like she ate herself to death!). They are stable in the water and can be removed when you get home if there is anything left.

I think that having someone look in is still better because of the potential for power failures, etc. just to check on your tanks. I have also done the baggie bit. The small craft bags work great. I laberlled each tank with a number and put the corresponding number on the bag. I also made a legend of what was in each tank including filter info so if there was a problem, the fishsitter could explain to the contact person.

Can you put some small feeder fish or other live food in with your Axolotls so that he can hunt for himself if he needs to?

Theresa

Edited by Ted