Skinny Kuhli

SilverWolf

Hi guys,

I have 5 kuhli's in my tank and they are finally starting to fatten up! Except one.. S/he seems to be super skinny. I feed them frozen bloodworms, brine shrimp as a treat and they get what everyone else doesn't eat otherwise. Tankmates are White Clouds, rabbit snail, and cherry shrimp. I don't have parameters (no kit) but can make a trip to the pet store tomorrow. From what I've observed it's a bullying thing from the other Kuhli's (who are nice and fat). Not sure what to do? I don't have a tank for a hospital tank (nor can I afford one right now) but don't want to lose this guy. I've tried putting food right in front of it and it'll go for it, then out comes one of the other Kuhli's and I have to separate them, and it begins again.

another option might be a hang-on or in-tank breeder box. I recently picked up a large size Marina one that has a built-in bubbler to provide flow so it can be filtered by the main tank. This gives you something you may use again for fry while you may not use the tank divider again.