Moonlighting...

thefishdude

Anyone know where to pick up one of these in the Calgary area. I am looking to set up the lighting on my Mbuna tank and this seems to be the way to go rather than LED's

It is discussed in detail in this link:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/diy_moonlight.php

Somewhere in the article it mentions that it is run off a computer power supply so I presume that a computer parts retailer may have it but I am unsure of where to start - any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanx

CORY

Edited by thefishdude

Hi fishdude,

I believe in the article it says that a computer power supply made the lights too bright as well as the fan on the power supply made too much noise. They recommend using a 9v adapter. I am not sure where you would get the lights.

In the past we have used a 'coral' flourescent bulb and it gives off a nice blue glow on the tank. If this is what you are looking to achieve without having to take on this DIY prject.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

Amy

Yeah I have tried the actinic route but it is a little too much light and I was hoping to decrease the amount of energy used - may try an actinic in an 18" fixture and see how this throws the light down on the 48" tank

Thanks for the input ^_^

still would like to know if anyone has seen these around however.....