Hello From Winnipeg

DanTheMan

Hello everybody, I'm Dan from Winnipeg. I am back in the hobby for about 6 months after a 15 year break. I am active in the aquarium/fish forums in Winnipeg and have joined the Alberta Aquatica so I can have access to all the information and resources you folks have, and share what I can from Winnipeg. I travel to Alberta yearly as I have family there and would not hesitate to do a 13 hour drive to pick up or drop off the right fish or maybe even to attend a meeting. My largest tank is a 300 gallon filled with 28 (almost a full circus) of Clown Loaches with a couple being about a foot long. There is also 5 ACI Yellow Tails and 1 Pleco. I reinforced the steel beam in my house and added 2 more wooden beams to take the weight because I have the tank in my living room (great decision because I can see them all the time) . I actually bought the collection of them from a fella that had some of them for almost 10 years and even won awards in our "fish shows" here with them (like "best in show"), they were supposedly carrying eggs while being shown ( not quite Shure about how that could be possible, however people saw them?) The fella that had my loaches said that while in Calgary many years ago he saw some 24" Clown Loaches at a pet store (that I would drive 13 hours to see). In other tanks I also have 12 baby Giraffe cichlids (about 3" long), 100 plus ACI Yellow Tail babies spread thru 2 more tanks as they are different sizes, a Angle tank, a community tank with Threadfins, platy's (Marble, Sunset and Mickey Mouse), Iridescent Sharks, Ornate and Orange Reo Tetra's, Golden and SP something spotted pleco. and Dwarf Neon Rainbows, another tank with Platy babies and that's about it for now, however I do have plans. Sorry if I sounded long winded, I just wanted people to know what I was about. Looking forward to posting more soon. All the best Dan.