Hey All

zooz123

Hey everyone. I am new to Edmonton but have been in the hobby for quite a few years now. I have have reef tanks and freshwater planted tanks. I just wanted to ask around of good places where I can get lighting, Co2, and equipment at a LFS or online website you guys can recommend or have good experience with. Thanks!

I just converted most of my tanks to Finnex LED fixtures - check out Finnex.ca

In town, it's hard to beat Nature's Corner for quality of plants and pricing - they get picked thru quickly, so it's best to hit them when they get a shipment in. Friend them on FaceBook to get updates. I usually pick up CO2 equipment 2nd hand, but a few people have made orders online - not sure what stores they used, tho.

:welcome:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. Im still trying to decide what size tank I wanted to start as I might be moving in spring. Hmmm small tank now or just get a 55g now?

jvision how are those LED light fixtures from Finnex? They looked very well priced. I added Natures Corner on Facebook so I will hit them up sometime soon.

I called Aquarium central and they sell a Milwaukee regulator for $129.99 and Oxipro sells a 5lb CO2 tank for $185. Are these decent prices for around here?

I have been looking at the classifieds but theres not much. Also, first thing first is I need to find out what size tank I should start up?

Regarding CO2... If your going to run a smaller tank i'd recommend something like the 88 gram Fluval CO2 kit as seen here... http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-Pressurized-88g-CO2-Kit-Ounces/dp/B004G44ZQQ

Some of the LFS carry them for ~$100 and to fix the expensive canister replacements i'd do something like this... http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32150

I'm currently running this system in a 26 gal tank and it was very cheap.