Diy Overflow - Can You Tell Which One Was The "learning" One?

JayWho

Yeah, I had that relevation, but not until after I'd plumbed them into the T. No idea why I didn't realize it sooner - it's simple physics...

Usually one overflow would work 100% and the other, even if the water level was above it, wouldn't operate at all. They take turns being the one that operates each time I start them up too... So at least I know they both work.

Picked up a couple more elbows today, so I can saw the T off and replumb the overflows independently.

I'd planned on using my canister filter as my "pump" for the wet/dry that the overflow empties into, but the Rena XP2 doesn't have the oomph to clear the head height with the intake in the wet/dry and output in the aquarium. I also had issues with the overflow keeping up with the XP2 sometimes (when I did manage to "persuade" the filter to work despite the height), which didn't make sense because the XP2 is running 150gph max under normal operation. So until I get a dedicated pump that is adjustable, the project is essentially on hold.

Edited by JayWho