Looks Like Momma Is Holding

DevonCichlid

I hope I am not getting ahead of myself but it looks like Momma is finally holding.

post-4908-0-68340500-1381459648_thumb.jpgpost-4908-0-83422200-1381459686_thumb.jpg

I have had her for quite a while now but only recently put my mind to conditioning everything for optimal breeding conditions. Faithful 30% water changes and a switch up on the diet seems to have done the trick. I noticed she was hanging back at feeding time and did it again this time. Wasnt like that on the weekend so I have my fingers crossed.

If she still appears to be holding after this weekend I will probably move her to her own tank. The male is an absolute stunner (both F1) .

Anyways if anyone disagrees just pipe up, I would rather have my hopes dashed earlier then later. Hope the phone taken pics turned out.

Ya I have no doubts now, 4 days in a row and now is really showing it. Its a community tank so I would rather put her in another tank and see how many I can salvage. Being her first time I am hoping she doesn't get spooked and eat her fry when I move her.

I lucked out last night and caught momma without having to move anything in the big tank and about as little stress possible. I checked on her this morning and she still looks to be holding so she now has a tank to herself to spit out the babies. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should have some good news and little friends to show for it.

Well it looks like I was way off base with the few weeks comment.

They are all hiding underneath a couple sponge filters but looks like around 35 of the little guys. Pretty excited to see these guys grow up, I'm sure the shrimp in that temp. tank aren't too keen on seeing them get any bigger though.

Momma is back in the main tank so I guess its time for a water change to see if they are eager to spawn again :)

edit - Just noticed that I didn't post that the fish that spawned are the F1 MF Auloncara Stuartgranti Chiwindi

post-4908-0-60811500-1381968468_thumb.jpg

post-4908-0-18481900-1381968473_thumb.jpg

Edited by DevonCichlid