Moving A 45 Gal Tank.

derrick719

Hello I have mentioned before about swapping to a 90 gal from a 45 but found I need a lot more then I have and my buddy is moving sooner so I'll be moving the whole 45 this weekend.

Here is my plans if you guys have any tips I'm happy to hear them.

First I'll be saving all the water I can so many buckets. Put the fish in a bucket and live rock in each other bucket. Covered with lids. Leaving 20% in the tanks and leaving th sand.

Move the tank while on a board from my buddies to my place 5 min drive Parshal dirt roads so cover tank too.

Set the tank up fill and get running put in live rock.

Question is how Long to wait to put fish into the tank. 2 clowns 4 damsels 1 cleaner shrimp 1 erchint and some hermit crabs.

Also what water to you use my buddy used town water I've been told to use RO but don't have that in town. Also can't use my house water as we r on a well and has iron in the water and who knows what elts.

Hope to hear back soon

I'd take pretty much all of the water out of the tank. The sand will still be wet, and will stay alive. If you keep the water in, however, you'll have a lot of sloshing and stirring of the sand, which will release all of the nitrogen/sulfur/etc. in the sand.

If the tank's already been running, the LR is good to go, so once you have the SG/salinity and temperature right, add the LR and fish. If you aren't keeping any sensitive corals, tap water will be fine, unless you already have the RO machine and are gung-ho to get it going... :)