Lots Of Missing Fish

kristarockstar

I added the 10 Cardinal tetras to my 20 Gallon long that I got from the auction. I had few large cardinals, a killifish pair, a few baby danios, few cherry shrimp, few assassin snails and a couple of nerite snails. Tanks has been running a year or two.

Did a water change the day before the auction and water chemistry was fine. A couple of days later I noticed there were less tetras, and killifish were gone. Did a water change. Today only two tetras left! The danios and two tetras seem fine, active as usual and eating, same with the inverts. Tested PH,ammonia,NO2 and NO3 as that is what I have in my test kit. They are all fine. Temp is fine too.

I checked the foam filter intake, the floor and stand around the tank (it has a full glass top) poked around with a net behind the rocks, I have a bunch of plants in there but not enough to hide a dozen fish. I haven't seen one sign of the missing fish, not even a mostly eaten skeleton. They completely vanished.

am I losing my mind? I miss my pretty school of tetras :(

I have found carpet crispies 10 feet from the tank itself. Killifish are notorious jumpers.

The only thing I can think of is poor water, and them them trying to get the heck out. Double check your test kit and good luck with the search.

You have a cat or dog? Maybe they found the goodies on the floor?