Help Cure Aro Fins!

Infusion

so i bought this aro 1 month ago previous owner took bad care of it. seems like he didnt do regular water changes and he said another aro was biting it, but who knows. Since i have owned him. Ive been doing regular water changes, raised the temperature to 83C and the fin has been growing back really slow. is there any other way to improve the growth of the fins? im going to try to add some aquarium salt. help is appreciated!

Help this little guy grow his fins back!

post-6387-0-51837900-1383803730_thumb.jpeg

post-6387-0-35278100-1383803735_thumb.jpeg

No way man. You wanna stop that bacteria from eating away the fins. I had a aro with same issue. I kept water pristine with lots of salt never helped. If it's bacterial u need to get some meds. I used seachems kanamycin I think. Whatever it was it halted the fins recession and started healing within 24 hours. Aro recovered quickly after that. I wish I would of used meds earlier. Everyone kept saying clean water and salt and everyday his fins were diminishing. Only the antibiotic helped

After reading your post a lil more carefully you say the fins are growing back already? Mine would not grow back at all under bacterial attack. But once treated and healthy with clean water and salt they grew back very rapidly. And they were bad, not as bad as your but close. And it was every fin.

Although I've heard mixed reviews, I've had luck using melafix on fin rot/tore fins. I never used a full dosage and it seemed to help with an old aro i use to have. But from what I know as long as the water is clean the aro will recover.