Cichlid "clubs"

khobbs

Just wondering if there are any clubs or people (aside from Ace) who's interests cater directly to african cichlids- specifically haplichromines and aulonocara etc.

It would be nice to just sit and talk about that new peacock you got or something from time to time. Be it online or hosting meetings at different houses and checking out the new stock/tank tours- talking about what you would like to see more of (species wise) and so on. Doesnt really seem to be any in wetaskiwin here unfortunately aside from my brother but hes right into tanganykans (spelling) my daughter loves her 'fishies' but shes still you so I can't really talk to her about it lol

thanks for looking.

This board is a good source of local people.

For something international there is the American Cichlid Association. www.cichlid.org. They have a big convention in July every year that ends with a giant auction. In 2014 it will be in Louisville and there are a couple of us from Edmonton that are planning to go.

I'm thinking on attending too as I have family close to there. Guess I'll have to learn the difference between old world and new world cichlids...

Haha ok so I take it there are a few. Good to know. I'm kind of just getting back into it after a while of being tankless so its good to know there are a few in the area.

Anyonr specifically doing haps/peacocks? I used to do tropheus before, as well as a mbuna tank. Now I'm strictly haps/peacocks. Its taken a few months but I'm starting to track down a few nice fish one by one.

I think kentucky is a little far for me to go and chat about fish lol. Maybe when I have a few more dollars burning a hole in my pocket lol. If anyone ever hears of some nice rare aulonocara in the area be sure to keep me in mind!