Self Cloning/marbled Crayfish?!

Realevil1

Yea I've had one for close to a year now. She hasn't cloned yet, unfortunately. I don't think I am keeping the water warm enough to get her to berry, but it's not exactly a bad thing to not have dozens of tiny crayfish haha.

They are very easy to care for in my experience. Mine mainly gets fed omega one algae wafers, but also plant trimmings, worms, etc- they aren't picky at all. Water is plain old hard Edmonton tap water, and the tank is bare bottom (I think I'm goi to throw in some gravel soon for her to dig around in) with a piece of PVC as a hide.

Edited by MattsBettas

Yea I've had one for close to a year now. She hasn't cloned yet, unfortunately. I don't think I am keeping the water warm enough to get her to berry, but it's not exactly a bad thing to not have dozens of tiny crayfish haha.

They are very easy to care for in my experience. Mine mainly gets fed omega one algae wafers, but also plant trimmings, worms, etc- they aren't picky at all. Water is plain old hard Edmonton tap water, and the tank is bare bottom (I think I'm goi to throw in some gravel soon for her to dig around in) with a piece of PVC as a hide.

If it's bare bottom and she has nothing to hide in, she probably doesn't feel comfortable enough to berry. When mine berry, they either stay in breeding tubes or cram themselves under the driftwood. What temp are you keeping her? Heat isn't really needed, mine are at room temp 68°F to 72°F.

When she does berry, expect a lot of babies. My smallest batch was around 40 and my largest female is berried now and I bet there will be 150 - 200 babies.