Suggestions For A 20G Long Tank?

bcbishop

Anyone have any suggestions for a 20G long tank?.

I purchased a aqueon http://www.aqueonproducts.com/products/standard-aquariums.htm and derimmed it, but it started to haze on the edges with water in it so i dont trust it.

I think im going to stay away from derimming as it will be in a living room :S

Im thinking of just buying another aqueon tank but was wondering if anyone else suggests anything? the one thing i dont like about the aqueon is the thick rim on it. May trim it back to its not as thick.

#1 don't bother with the ada stuff. While yes might be good...it is way over priced. $400 for a little tank, nah. I always laugh in the little corner room @ Pieces in Calgary over the prices of that line of products. I'm sure I'll get flammed by the ada hardcore people! heh

If you think that tank has problems take it back and exchange for another. I have a marineland 75gal and I paid $90. A damn good tank.

Ada is nice but you pay for it.

Mr.Aqua is just as nice IMO, for about half the price or less.

Marineland tanks are nice but watch for sloppy silicone joints, sometimes it looks like the tank was glued by an unskilled child.

Fluval tanks are better than marineland IMO but I dont think they make a 20 long.

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine custom build by Mitch from Bow Valley Aquarium.

Rimless 30 Gallon long, 4 side starphire for $130 bucks. It took 2 weeks. Professional job. looks nice but Not as good as ADA.

Just a heads up if you choose to purchase from Mitch please do some research prior to taking my advice. He has a bad rep in Calgary. But in my experience the quality and customer service was awesome.