African Dwarf Frogs Set Up "is It Ok" Question!

Fin2you

So I told my girls when our last male betta passed away, we would get ADF for them.

Well Fin passed away a few mths ago, & after some time to grieve (what can I say he lived on my breakfast bar for 4 years-pretty good for a veiltail from Pisces hey?) we have a new set up.

it's a 5gal overfiltered (20gal Whisper), heated, but I am seriously considering digging out a 10gal tank from the storage room but for now this is just the old betta's tank which after Fin died just had the snails in it.

It's a bit of a hodge-podge right now; it was originally going to be my Nerite snails, 2 ADF & a school of Rasbora's. Well the frogs came home 1st (wasn't impressed with the rasbora's at Pisces so I decided to wait for a new shipment). well within the 1st week all 12 of my snails were dead & the girls said they'd seen the frogs picking on them. then a friend said she wanted to get rid of the last of her rasbora's so I said I'll give them a new home; 2 harlequin(but 1 didn't survive the move) & 2 scissortail.

Anyways so the tank needs some sort of algae/cleaner. I have a small school of 2 habrosus & 1 julii Cory's in the goldfish tank but the pleco does a better job of cleaning that tank of algae. I'm thinking of moving them over to the ADF tank & getting probably 3 more julii. I guess what I'm wondering is the 2 habrosus hang out together but the julii is often alone, would I be better to get bigger schools of both & have 1 variety in each tank, or can I just get more julii & let the habrosus stay as a pair.

The harlequin rasbora's are the girls fav, they had 1 with more blue on it's belly (that's the one that died) & 1 with less. & while I had my eye on a school of redtails (blackline depending on who you talk too), the scissortails are pretty cool & I've caught these 2 in what I'm pretty sure is mating behaviour. so I was thinking if I got say 2 more harlequin, & a couple redtail as "showpiece", would they all school together (most of the time these 3 are all together but occassionally the 1 lone harlequin is off by itself).

Hope that all makes sense, LOL I'm so busy these day's that I'm so tired I feel like I could fall asleep standing up :) which is the reason I haven't been around the forum much!!!

But everyone gives such good advice I wanted to ask here b4 I head into Pisces & still really have no idea except what my gut is telling me!