Dry Kno3?

creekbottom

Where? or How? Last time I bought some was the first time I went to All Seasons, national security was at stake so I got a jug of liquid KNO3 instead of dry. Kidding... about the national security, maybe I have that bomb builder kind of look :boom:

Now I have solids at the bottom of the jug and obviously a less concentrated solution for when I mix my liquid ferts. I'd also like to try my hands at making clay root tabs.

Can I just pour it out into a pan and let the water dry up? I'll make sure to keep the diesel fuel farrrrr away :D

There is a place in Calgary that sells me mine. Judging by the dust on the containers they have had them a while, or you could boil off the water.....

I would think that crystals on the bottom of the jar means at one time and temperature it was a saturated solution. Solubility can change easily based on temperature.

Funny how we cant buy small volumes of KNO3, but if I wanted to steal a trailer full something like ammonium nitrate there are at least 2 tanks that come to mind I've seen while walking the dog in the country, a ton of farmers have a Praxair trailer full, simply mix in __________and fuel and kaboom! But no, we cant have a dry pound for the oldfish tank.

The government is hoping there are no bad guys out there that have a chemistry background.......

Good luck on your search

lol, I grew up hauling bags of urea, and ammonium nitrate on the farm. We used to joke and then wonder if we could use it for blowing up beaver dams!

All Seasons has it dry too, they just can't sell it to you dry. I got a very warm jug when I left. It is kind of inconvenient to have to heat it up again when I need to mix a new batch of ferts.